His-tory Pro-jects

Thursday, July 20, 2006

I get into my work


so I notice that there's a nail missing in the piece wood that I'm attempting to nail into the header above a door jam. Thinking to my self "funny I didn't hear the ting of a nail hitting the ground". Look around for a few seconds more for this missing nail, when much to my surprise, I find it .... in my arm. "Wow that went deep" I said to my boss (keep in mind this is a 3 1/2inch nail) he promptly walks to the other side of the garage that we're working on and points to a co-worker telling them that they need to take me to the hospital. Brandon and I by now are laughing our heads off, so we hop in his truck and are on our way.

First we go to centra care (it was closer)after freaking out the receptionist the acting doctor tells us that he can't help us there just in case its worse than it looks, so we leave for the hospital,but not before I take the opportunity to freak out some little kids in the waiting room. So once again we're off, this time to the emergency room.

Upon arrival we are once again showered by ooos and aaahs wile I have Brandon fill out the paper work, I'm right handed the nail is in the left arm but, by now I'm a celebrity and have no time for paperwork. The admitting nurse takes me in to this little room where she takes my info and vitals(I like my waite better in metric). She shows me this recopied 15 times over sheet of paper with numbers with smiley faces above them indicating the degrees of pain 0 being a big grin to 10 being extreme pain well it looked more like constpation than pain so I chose 2. The nurse bumped it to 3 so that I could get a better painkiller prescription(man do they know me there or what)they send me to this little room where I wait for the doctor to see me...... wait..... wait.... actually it only took about twenty minutes must be a slow day. I don't get a doctor instead I get three nurses(male sorry no fantasy story)one for the tetanus shot, never had one of those before. One to fill the wound with novacane, and another to hold my arm wile the other two of them pull out the nail with this big surgical pliers. novacane was set so it didn't hurt it just felt like they were pulling a nail out of my arm. ..... That's it went home got some pain killers and antibiotics and a paid day off tomorrow.... Anybody doing any thing I'm board

Oh yea by the way, the bump that the arrow is pointing to is the other end of the nail

5 comment(s):

Holy schimoligans!!!!!!!!!!

By Blogger violette, at 12:51 AM  

Oh no did Shamu get harpooned!?

I'm just kidding man...

Seriously though, now that you're tagged will we be able to track your feeding migration routes?

By Blogger davidsanderson.net, at 3:26 PM  

Awesome story!

By Blogger Unknown, at 12:50 AM  

ewww thats just the ugliest thing i have ever seen!

But ya got to suck it in its just a war wound for a chubabaka

By Blogger OhKathy, at 6:25 PM  

Chupacabra, the goat sucker...oh you ment Chewbacca man and I thought my spelling was bad(it is)

By Blogger TESTPLUG, at 7:10 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home